Red and Near infrared Light Therapy
Experience full body light therapy in Walnut Creek
10-Minute Sessions $20. Drop-Ins Welcome!
What is Light Therapy?
Light therapy harnesses the healing power of natural light, which stimulates your cells to regenerate faster and produce more energy, resulting in a wide range of clinically-documented health benefits.
A light therapy device uses LEDs to deliver doses of safe, therapeutic red and near infrared light to your body. It’s completely non-invasive, painless, and natural. Most people find light therapy to be pleasurable and experience at least some acute boost in mood and energy after each session.
Schedule your 10-minute Light Therapy session for just $20 and start seeing the benefits today!
The Right Wavelengths Make All the Difference
Red and infrared light therapy uses a very specific range of wavelengths within the natural light spectrum (660nm to 850nm). A wealth of clinical research shows this range of light is highly beneficial at the cellular level. Light therapy delivers these therapeutic wavelengths without harmful heat or UV rays.
How Does Light Therapy Work?
Light therapy works at the cellular level. Photons of therapeutic red and near infrared light are absorbed by the mitochondria in your cells, producing 2 major effects:
- More ATP energy: Light therapy increases adenosine triphosphate (ATP), the energy produced during cellular respiration that powers your cells (and indeed, all life on earth). More ATP means more energy and healthier function.
- Enhanced cell signaling: Specific wavelengths of light help to create a better oxidative environment in your cells. This results in the activation of numerous intracellular signaling pathways, increased protein synthesis, and enhanced cell cycle progression.
Clinically-Proven Health Benefits
Light therapy has been studied extensively. There’s a wealth of clinical research that shows numerous health benefits, with virtually no side effects. Learn more about these documented benefits:
- Improved skin tone, clarity, & complexion
- Diminishes age spots, fine lines, & wrinkles
- Stimulates production of collagen and elastin
- Increases blood circulation
- Speeds muscle recovery to boost training & athletic performance
- Reduces joint pain & inflammation
- Speeds healing of wounds & injuries
- Boosts natural melatonin production & promotes healthy sleep
- Increases testosterone production in men
- Enhances mood, cognitive function, & mental clarity
Clinical research is showing red light therapy can lead to cognitive improvements—like improved memory, learning and attentions. One of the most encouraging branches of brain research is how red light treatments can improve cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer’s and dementia.